Saturday, February 04, 2006

Cursed Glove

That damn second glove is being annoying. I had resized the pattern down to compensate for my small wrists, but I should have realized that my large knuckles would require the same size fingers. So now I have to go back and increase along the palm, because otherwise I'll only have enough stitches for three fingers. Maybe I'll increase along the palm, set aside sts for the pinky hole, and keep knitting. My pinky starts about half a centimeter before the other fingers. Hmm. *ponders*

The good thing about knitting for a long time and doing different kinds of projects is that everything carries over. You can use knowledge about socks in your glove knitting, you can use knowledge from hats in your sock knitting. It also gives you the experience to know how knitting works, why knitting works, as opposed to just following a pattern. It gives you the courage to step out of the box and make it your own way, which is the essence of the appeal of knitting. Of course, some people are born with these qualities and it has nothing to do with experience, but for the rest of the world, it's what we gain through doing.
There is nothing better than doing.

It's raining prettily today. I jumped 5'0" in high jump yesterday. (go me!) I love Saturdays because they're so peaceful and I have time to myself. On to the second glove.

No comments: