Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This is sad.

I'm stuck in a rut. Haven't knit a stitch today, but I might really honestly give up on homework and knit during the Olympics.

I learned to knit from my mom at age 6, and then from memory and friends at around 11. I basically knit left-handed backward, so my knit stitches look like English purls if you're facing me, and my purls look like English knits. It's not even combined; if anything, I think it's Eastern. That would make sense, considering my mom learned in Turkey when she was in uni. (She knit herself a cardigan like the scandinavian ones--in the round, with pretty colors. I'm amazed.)
Sometimes I feel like every pattern I see is written for someone else, and it's so much easier to just knit "properly" and conform to everyone else.
So as it happens, I can knit about 4 different ways, and purl about 4 different ways. It's 8 each if you count the fact that I can knit "backwards" or left-handed.

Not bad, eh?

And all that knowledge doesn't help me one damn bit, because I have no motivation. >_<

No comments: