Thursday, July 07, 2005

Ok, in a futile attempt to make something out of this...

I'm making it into a knitblog. I don't have a digital camera just yet (read: and never will) so anyone unfortunate enough to stumble upon this desolate blog can just, er, use their imagination.

Ok. Right now I'm in Istanbul (again) so my stash is limited. To 400 grams of really pretty blue cotton (I think it's mercenterized or whatever they call it) and 16-inch-long 5mm wooden straights. I was totally serious about the limited comment.
Now this cotton is very slippery, and splits like nobody's business. (god, where the hell did I pick up that phrase?) The wood is weird to knit on, because I'm used to steel, steel, and, oh, more steel.

With a stash like this, you'd think I'd aim for a shell or a tank or something. haha. I am insane; you must know this. I have decided to make Mariah from Knitty, an online KnitMag that I really like. This pattern is meant for thick, nice wool, and I'm completely f***ing over the look of the pattern by making it in floppy cotton.

Whatev'. We'll see how it works out.

Right now I'm about two to two and a half inches through with the bottom of the back. I've done 4 cable repeats, my gauge is god-knows-what. Probably like 4 sts/5 rows to an inch.

Actually, I might nix the sleeves and zipper and just make a t-shirt lookalike. Who knows.

No comments: