Saturday, July 09, 2005

Blue Mariah

It's blue. It's soft. It's...Mariah! Ok, I know I'm cheesy.

Mariah is going well, I guess. I'm a really slow cabler without cable needles (I've been using both my ring and a Q-tip.) and I'm a really slow knitter when knitting cotton. This means that for a long time of effort, I've only got 3 cable repeats to show. That's about 4 or 5 inches of the back.

Now the (sort of) interesting part of the sweater is that since it's something for warm weather to just cover my arms etc, I'm making the bottom hem start at a bit above my belly button. All my pants start at my hips, so this isn't normal length for me. In fact, it feels like it's only a bit removed from the One Skein Wonder that I always wanted to try. (I can't try it because I'd have to pay for it, and being a minor who can't work, I don't have the money.) It's not though. It's probably 8-10 inches from the bottom to the armscye, and then another 8 inches to shoulder seams. I'm completely guessing on the measurements because I don't have a ruler and don't know my own measurements.

uhh, that's all for today.

No comments: