Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stress Knitting

I've found that when I get stressed out I turn to knitting (or making origami stars) to calm me down. I think this is because the act of making something gives me a feeling of accomplishment, lets me see that I'm worth something, has a tangible result. I'm not sure. But I don't get the same feeling after reading lots of manga (tough books are different) or playing flash games. It's not just a high score I want, it's a sock I can wear. (Theoretically. I'm still sensitive to wool.)

So I'm working on that Chevrolace and I feel like the pattern doesn't quite suit the yarn because it hides it, but it's ok because the yarn is a soft spring day, that perfect day in April when the clouds wisp across the sky and the wind breathes patterns on your skin and the grass shines with something like life and the sun caresses your face. It's that lovely day when all the world is happy and you are with it.

Which is why it's so hard to give up this yarn for studying....

No comments: